For more info go to www.sum.edu
SUM-Texarkana Bible College and Theological Seminary at Church on the Rock is designed to assist students in responding to and being equipped for Jesus’ Great Commission. Our primary aim is to give students a place to grow in ministry training as well as learn the Word of God.
In order to be officially admitted, each applicant must complete an application packet and receive a letter of admission. Applicants meeting admission requirements are considered without regard to race, color, creed, sex, or physical limitations. A high value is placed upon applicants who express a call to ministry.
If you would like more information please fill out the Interest Form from the following link:
Do not hesitate to contact us at 903-794-8589 (Derek Jenkins) if you have any questions!
Below is our application process. Each prospective student must complete the following before an Entrance interview can be scheduled.
- Online Application (Undergraduate Application)(Graduate Application)
- Pastor’s Reference Form (online form found at http://sum.edu/pastor-reference)
- General Reference Form (online form found at http://sum.edu/general-reference)
- Educator’s Reference Form (M.A. Degree)
- Official High School Transcripts
- Official College Transcripts
- 1-Page Essay (upload or email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Essay #1 should be a 1-page typed Testimony answering three questions: How did I become a Christian? How am I currently serving in my home church? And upon graduating from SUM, where do I feel the Lord is leading me? (Must be 300-350 words)
- Application Fee $20 (Pay by Phone 1-510-567-6174)
- Student Handbook Covenant Agreement Form (Read SUM Doctrinal Statement & Course Catalog prior to Entrance Interview)
- FERPA Form: Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (download) https://na2.docusign.net/member/PowerFormSigning.aspx?PowerFormId=ce59e4b0-d272-4a78-bb2f-f00599d37a12
- Admissions Interview (completed by SUM staff upon completion of steps 1-10)
- Apply for Financial Aid (SUM Federal School Code: 037524)